Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Logitech QC Connect (046d:08d9) gspcav2 problems

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:16:50 +0100
RUMI Szabolcs <rumi_ml@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> A friend of mine has got a Logitech QC Connect cam which has been
> working seamlessly with the gspcav1 module. With gspcav2 it does not.
>
> What happens is the following:
>
> 2.6.27-gentoo-r7:
>
> - kernel detects cam, loads zc3xx driver
> - /dev/video0 present
> - Skype has dynamic garbage (not just white noise but some greenish
> crap)
> - Cheese shows a video test screen instead of the cam video
	[snip]

Hello Sab,

The webcam drivers in the latest kernels offer the v4l2 interface
instead of the v4l1. Also, external drivers, as gspcav1, did the image
conversion in the kernel, which is forbidden.

As a consequence, you must run most of the video applications with the
wrapper of the v4l library.

All information is in my page (see below).

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/