Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] libv4l release: 0.5.7 (The fix "the UVC release" release)

<resent with correct version no in subject, sorry about the spam>

Hi All,

So after 2 days of debugging (many thanks for the patience of all reporters and
for all the tests they have run) I've finally managed to pinpoint and fix a
nasty (and stupid, completely my fault) bug in the special try_fmt handling for
uvc cams.

This bug is present in the 0.5.5 and 0.5.6 releases every one is urged to
upgrade to 0.5.7 asap!

The problem is that the enumframesize results try_fmt replacement for uvccams
was dependend upon the enumframesize results being sorted in a particular
order, which happened to be the case with my test cam.

This was causing issues with quite a few uvc cams, this release fixes this.

libv4l-0.5.7
* Fix a nasty (and stupid) bug in the special try_fmt handling for UVC cams
* Add some more verbose logging of various calls when asking libv4l to log
   calls to a file, to assist in (future) debugging

Get it here:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.5.7.tar.gz

Regards,

Hans