Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspca kernel module, support for usb bridge devices with bulk endpoints like sq930

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 18:57 +0100, Gerard Klaver wrote:
> Hello,

Hello Gerard,

> For some time now i am the maintainer for the sq930 kernel module
> (written by Sam Revitch).
>
> See http://gkall.hobby.nl/sq930x.html for more information about the
> sq930 kernel module.
>
> The sq930 kernel module is at the moment broken for kernel 2.6.24 and
> above due to changes in de v4l part.
>
> I expect a integration into the gspca kernel module would prevent in
> future these sort of problems because there is more support and
> knowledge within the gspca maintainers group to adapt this sort of
> changes.
>
> Question is if there any objections to add this device to the gspca
> kernel module, also help will be appreciated because i have no idea yet
> how easy or difficult it will be.

I'd be very glad to have a new subdriver in the gspca (framework?).

Sorry for I had no time enough yet to write a documentation...

The principle is that all the v4l2 API and kernel stuff is done by the
main module, and the subdrivers have only to do the exchanges with the
USB devices.

You may look at a simple subdriver as stk014 to know how to create your
own private structure, and how are realized the exchanges with the main
driver. If the images come through bulk messages instead of isochronous
messages, look also at the finepix subdriver.

Once done, you will remain the maintainer of the subdriver. Updates
could be then done either via my mercurial repository or by a new
mercurial repository created for you at LinuxTv.org.

Don't hesitate to ask me for any question.

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/