Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Would 0C45:613A work?

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 23:07 -0300, Pablo da Palma wrote:
> Hello Jean-Francois, thanks for your answer.

Hello Pablo,

> Attached is the datasheet for OV7648 I told you before. I hope anyone
> find it useful.

Thank you.

> Well, I've patched gspca/sonixj.c from 2.6.27.4 and disabled sn9c102
> like you said, then plugged the webcam
> and this is what dmesg output:
	[snip]
> [   80.090348] gspca: main v2.2.0 registered

I made some more work on the sonixj subdriver. You should get the last
version at:
	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gspca/
and read the gspca README in my page (you need the v4l library).

> ls -l /dev/video* output :
>
> crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 nov  6 22:39 /dev/video0

I am not sure that any application could access the device. Did you try
cheese or ekiga setting the permissions to 0666?

> By the way, 2.6.27 kernel still includes sn9c102 version 1.47pre49
> which actually doesn't support OV7648. Only sn9c102 version 1.48
> support this bridge+sensor although I can't compile since 2.6.26, but
> anyway I will put my effort on gspca driver.

Good idea, thank you!

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/