Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] sonixj problems

Hi,

I am trying to get my USB camera working on Debian (regular Etch install
with all updates). gspca compiles well and when I plug in the camera the
sonixj module gets loaded to support this camera (0c45:612a Microdia)
and the /dev/video0 device appears - no errors or suspicious messages in
kernel log returned by dmesg.

However, when I start streamer, I get the following errors:

jj@piw:~$ ./streamer -ddddd -c /dev/video0 -o a.jpeg
checking writer files [multiple image files] ...
  video name=ppm ext=ppm: ext mismatch [need jpeg]
  video name=pgm ext=pgm: ext mismatch [need jpeg]
  video name=jpeg ext=jpeg: OK
files / video: JPEG (JFIF) / audio: none
vid-open: trying: v4l2-old...
vid-open: failed: v4l2-old
vid-open: trying: v4l2...
ioctl:
VIDIOC_QUERYCAP(driver="";card="";bus_info="";version=0.0.0;capabilities=0x0
[]): Invalid argument
vid-open: failed: v4l2
vid-open: trying: v4l...
vid-open: failed: v4l
no grabber device available
jj@piw:~$

A problem (similar?) with motion as well:

jj@piw:/mnt/dane/samba/motion.src/motion-3.2.3$ ./motion -n -ddd -c
`pwd`/motion.conf
[0] Processing thread 0 - config file
/mnt/dane/samba/motion.src/motion-3.2.3/motion.conf
[1] Thread is from /mnt/dane/samba/motion.src/motion-3.2.3/motion.conf
[1] Thread started
[1] ioctl (VIDIOCGCAP): Invalid argument
[1] Capture error calling vid_start
[1] Thread finishing...
jj@piw:/mnt/dane/samba/motion.src/motion-3.2.3$

The same problem when starting stream or motion from root account. Any
Idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
JJ

Masters of Dirt - mistrzostwie Freestyle Motocrossu
z całego świata w Katowickim Spodku!
Zobacz to z nami:
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fcorto.www.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fextrema10338501.html&sid=518