Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] linuxtv.org and gspca and Ubuntu 8.04.1

Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 17:33 +0200, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
>> Hello Jean-Francois
>
> Hello again,
>
>> I can compile the source from linuxtv.org just fine. But when the
>> gspca_... modules get loaded, I get "Unknown symbol" as I wrote in my
>> initial mail.
>
> Strange.
>
> For me, the '.config' of the running kernel:
>
> 	/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/.config
>
> is quite the same as
>
> 	<v4l-dvb>/v4l/.config
>
> The only difference is
>
> 	CONFIG_USB_GSPCA=m
>
> added in the latter. It seems that your v4l/.config lacks some
> definitions...
>
> And, if you look at the directory
>
> 	/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/
>
> all the files should have the same creation time. Is it true?

Yes, of course. I always check after a "make install" if the correct
modules at the right place. Actually, /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca because I am only interested at
gspca at the moment.

For me it looks also very strange. When some dependencies are not met
the compilation does not work! Everything fine here but I get this
"Unknown symbol".

Should I try to build my own kernel? Latest git?

Thanks, Thomas