Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] linuxtv.org and gspca and Ubuntu 8.04.1

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 23:15 +0200, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> I don't think so. This is a new install of Ubuntu. I just installed
> linux-header packet.
>
> Maybe I missed someting, but after an new install:
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
> sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic
> hg clone
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> Dive into that directory and do "make" "sudo make install".

Hello Thomas,

I had such problems and I don't know if it is fixed.

You must copy the .config of your kernel to v4l/, and do 'make
menuconfig' to add the gspca driver. Then 'make' and 'sudo make install'
will overwrite all the required modules. Also, before testing, don't
forget to 'rmmod' all the video modules.

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/