Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] linuxtv.org and gspca and Ubuntu 8.04.1

Costantino Leandro wrote:
 > Hi Thomas.
 >
 > Check that there's only 1 videodev.
 >  # modprobe -l |grep videodev

Of course, there is only one videodev.

 > Also check that actually is the same file that was compiled on the
v4l tree.

It is.

 > Silly question but, did you already reboot  or removed some old
videodev?, old videodev could be still lodaded.

Just to be sure (It's not necessary, when you unload and load the right
modules, it's Linux) I _rebooted_!

 > You can also check, removing all v4l modules loaded on you system (
v4l2-compat, videodev, gspca, etc,etc), and you can trying by insmod
inside the v4l source tree.  If this don't work neither, then as Hans
wrote, there must be some  mismatch there.

I don't think so. This is a new install of Ubuntu. I just installed
linux-header packet.

Maybe I missed someting, but after an new install:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic
hg clone
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
Dive into that directory and do "make" "sudo make install".

Thomas