Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] 046d:08d9 - works with gspca-modules but not 2.6.27-rc3

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 20:12 +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote, on 2008-09-01 16:51:
> > Don't use vlc to access webcams, vlc's webcam support is from the stoneage.
> >
> If it's too much trouble building vlc with libv4l on Debian, I might
> just install something else like ekiga to verify the web-cam operation.

Hi Arthur,

I am on Debian and I have no problem using vlc with the v4l library.

But, with JPEG frames as you have, mplayer works without any library.
Just don't forget to use 'v4l2:' instead of 'v4l:' ;)

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/