Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] 046d:08d9 - works with gspca-modules but not 2.6.27-rc3

Hans de Goede wrote, on 2008-09-01 16:51:

>> Although the attached log file looks successful, I still get a green
>> screen when using the web-cam via vlc.
>>
>> Any further suggestions?
>>

> Don't use vlc to access webcams, vlc's webcam support is from the stoneage.
>
> If you do want to use vlc, compile it with the attached patch (requires
> libv4l to be installed) to make it somewhat less stoneage-ish.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Thanks, I was able to download and unpack the vlc 0.9.8h source, but
unsure how to apply the patch (assuming it would apply against the later
version of the source).

If it's too much trouble building vlc with libv4l on Debian, I might
just install something else like ekiga to verify the web-cam operation.

Regards,

Arthur.