Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] 046d:08d9 - works with gspca-modules but not 2.6.27-rc3

Hans de Goede wrote, on 29/08/08 16:32:
> Arthur Marsh wrote:
>> Hi, I've previously reported success getting 04cd:08d9 to work:
>>

> <snip>
>
>> This worked for 2.6.26 kernels as well, but 2.6.27-rc3's built-in
>> support gives me dirty green screens, and gspca-source does not build on
>> 2.6.27-rc* kernels.
>>
>> Output on 2.6.27-rc3 with build-in support:

I have built 2.6.27-rc4 but have not yet installed it on the machine
with the 046d:08d9 webcam.

> I have a 04cd:08d9 over here and it works fine.

Good (-:

> 2.6.27-rc3 is a bit old. Try the latest v4l-dvb hg tree (all gspca changes
> there are scheduled to become part of 2.6.27 final):
>
> hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gspca/
> cd gspca
> make menuconfig
> make
> sudo make install
>
> The remove *all* video related modules (so including videodev !!)
> and do:
> modprobe gspca_zc3xx
>
> Then it should work (works for me) also notice that the new gspca no longer
> does JPEG decompression in kernel space, so either you need to use a program
> which understands cams which do JPEG, or use libv4l:
> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.4.1.tar.gz
>
> Instructions are in the docs, libv4l is currently being packaged for Debian.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Thanks very much, I wasn't sure how to report any issues with gspca
modules once they became part of the official kernel.

Regards,

Arthur.