Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3.8

Hi All,

I've installed a pci bttv tv card in my machine to test libv4l xawtv patches
and I've found that libv4l was being to strict with the circumstances under
which it allowed changing the fmt and changing between read / mmap mode.

This new version fixes this:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.4.0.tar.gz

Full list of changes:

libv4l-0.4.0
------------
* Be more relaxed in our checks for mixing read and mmap access, we were
   being more strict in this then certain kernel drivers (bttv) making xawtv
   unhappy
* With some drivers the buffers must be mapped before queuing, so when
   converting map the (real) buffers before calling the qbuf ioctl
* Add support for conversion to RGB24 (before we only supported BGR24) based
   on a patch by Jean-Francois Moine
* When the hardware supports a format natively prefer using the native
   version over converting from another supported format
* Various Makefile and pkgconfig file improvements by Gregor Jasny (Debian)
* Drop the appl-patches dir, all application patches are now available and
   tracked here: http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Libv4l_Progress

Regards,

Hans