Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] spca and sonix

Hi Ron,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:12:39 am Ron Croonenberg wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to add a sonix Pccam168 to the gspca driver.

> any suggestions ?

Do you have a windows driver for the camera? Those are usually a good place to
start the reverse engineering from...

Alternately, if that's not possible, you can use usbsnoop to capture logs of
using the camera on Windows and use them as a starting point.
http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/doc.php

Once we have more information about the camera in question, some of the more
active developers will be able to help you out...

Cheers.