Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3.4

Chris Hammond wrote:
> --- On Mon, 7/7/08, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I'm afraid version 0.3.3 had a nasty bug, so here is
>> 0.3.4:
>> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.4.tar.gz
>>
> <snip>
>
> OK this is my first attempt to use gspcav2 and libv41 together - so I may have made a beginners mistake...
>
> I installed gspca-9ff62c80bf4c.tar.gz from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gspca/
>
> This appears to work as dmesg reports:
>
> usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> gspca: main v2.1.6 registered
> gspca: probing 046d:0928
> gspca: probe ok
> usbcore: registered new interface driver spca561
> spca561: v2.1.5 registered
>
> I can't get any useable picture - not surprising as virtually nothing understands the default bayer format from this camera, so I thought easy solution install libv4l-0.3.4.tar.gz  - done in default location.
>
> Unfortunately I get the following error:
>

> $export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
> $ mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libv4l2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> $

I assume you did do a "make install", /usr/local/lib is not a standard path
where ld.so looks, so you need to run the "ldconfig" command as root to tell
ld.so where to find libv4l2.so.0, I guess this could be considered a bug in the
make install target.

Regards,

Hans