Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3.4

--- On Mon, 7/7/08, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> I'm afraid version 0.3.3 had a nasty bug, so here is
> 0.3.4:
> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.4.tar.gz

<snip>

OK this is my first attempt to use gspcav2 and libv41 together - so I may have made a beginners mistake...

I installed gspca-9ff62c80bf4c.tar.gz from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gspca/

This appears to work as dmesg reports:

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
gspca: main v2.1.6 registered
gspca: probing 046d:0928
gspca: probe ok
usbcore: registered new interface driver spca561
spca561: v2.1.5 registered

I can't get any useable picture - not surprising as virtually nothing understands the default bayer format from this camera, so I thought easy solution install libv4l-0.3.4.tar.gz  - done in default location.

Unfortunately I get the following error:

$export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
$ mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libv4l2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$

I'm still using Mandriva 2008.1, and /dev/video1 is created when the logitech webcam is plugged in.

Help please.

Regards,

Chris