Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3.1 aka "the vlc release"

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:41:36 +0200
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm happy to announce version 0.3.1 of libv4l:
> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.tar.gz

 guess this should be

 http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.1.tar.gz

> This release has the following changes (baby steps now):
>
> libv4l-0.3.1
> ------------
> * Only serialize V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE type ioctls
> * Do not return an uninitialized variable as result code for GPICT
>    (fixes vlc, but see below)
> * Add a patches directory which includes:
>    * vlc-0.8.6-libv4l1.patch, modify vlc's v4l1 plugin to directly
> call into libv4l1, in the end we want all apps todo this as its
> better then LD_PRELOAD tricks, but for vlc this is needed as vlc's
> plugin system causes LD_PRELOAD to not work on symbols in the plugins
>    * camorama-0.19-fixes.patch, small bugfixes to camorama's v4l1
> support, this patch only fixes _real_ bugs in camorama and does not
> change it to work with v4l1compat. Although it does work better with
> these bugs fixed :) With this patch and
> LD_PRELOAD=<path>/v4l1compat.so it works flawless.
>

> Regards,
>
> Hans

 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.pardus.org.tr>                       but wisdom listens