Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.1

Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 23:57 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> 	[snip]
>> For those interested you can get libv4l1 here:
>> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.1.tar.gz
> 	[snip]
>
> Hello Hans,
>
> Very fine job, thanks! But..
>
> - I had a compilation error on a Debian lenny. See attachement.

Fixed in 0.3

> - while Skype works fine, VLC fails with the same v4l1 palette.

vlc seems to somehow "circumvent" LD_PRELOAD, 0.3.1 has a patch which can be
applied against vlc, which make it call directly into libv4l1 instead of
depending on the wrapper, with this patch it works fine,

> - cheese fails too.
Fixed in 0.3

> BTW, I included your changes in gspcav2 2.0.4, but I forgot the pixel
> format in spca561. Also I was wondering about it: there is a decoding
> routine in the driver. Shouldn't it be better to let the driver give raw
> frames and do the decoding in the library?

Next on my todo list is providing patches against 2.0.4 which remove decoding
for spca501 and spca561 from gspcav2 as those are handled in libv4l now, I also
have received permission recently to relicense the pac207 decoder under LGPL so
that can be moved to libv4l too.

Regards,

Hans