Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3.1 aka "the vlc release"

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce version 0.3.1 of libv4l:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.tar.gz

This release has the following changes (baby steps now):

libv4l-0.3.1
------------
* Only serialize V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE type ioctls
* Do not return an uninitialized variable as result code for GPICT
   (fixes vlc, but see below)
* Add a patches directory which includes:
   * vlc-0.8.6-libv4l1.patch, modify vlc's v4l1 plugin to directly call into
     libv4l1, in the end we want all apps todo this as its better then
     LD_PRELOAD tricks, but for vlc this is needed as vlc's plugin system
     causes LD_PRELOAD to not work on symbols in the plugins
   * camorama-0.19-fixes.patch, small bugfixes to camorama's v4l1 support,
     this patch only fixes _real_ bugs in camorama and does not change it to
     work with v4l1compat. Although it does work better with these bugs fixed
     :) With this patch and LD_PRELOAD=<path>/v4l1compat.so it works
     flawless.

Regards,

Hans