Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.3 aka "the cheese release"

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce version 0.3 of libv4l:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/libv4l-0.3.tar.gz

This release has the following changes (mostly bugfixes):

libv4l-0.3
----------
* add extern "C" magic to public header files for c++ usage (Gregor Jasny)
* Make libv4l1 and libv4l2 multithread use safe, see README.multi-threading
* Add v4lx_dup() calls (and intercept dup() from the wrappers) this fixes
   use with gstreamer's v4l2 plugin (tested with cheese)
* Hopefully definitely fix compile errors on systems with a broken videodev2.h

The big improvement here is that gstreamer using applications now work without
any caveats.

I also believe / hope that this release fixes the compile problems some people
where having.

Regards,

Hans