Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Announcing libv4l 0.1

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 13:20 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
	[snip]
> Actual my local gspcav2 already has the decoding stripped out of the driver and
> spca561 decoding already is supported (and tested) in libv4l-0.1, I didn't
> submit patches for this yet as I wasn't sure if you would accept them. Once we
> start removing in driver decoding the current helper in gspcav2 becomes pretty
> useless unless it gets extended with support for all the cam specific formats.
>
> As far as I'm concerned the helper can be removed as a full userspace solution
> is much simpler, but I'm not sure which direction you want to go,

I just wanted a driver working with most existing applications.

The helper in the driver was needed when there was no v4l1/v4l2 library.
Now, as you wrote it, the helper and also the v4l1 compat may be
removed. I will do that for the next release.

Also, the specific decodings of some subdrivers should be removed. If
you have a name for the pixel formats of the raw frames, I'd be glad to
get them.

To go further, I am waiting for the current kernel release to be stable.
Then, I will put all the job at linuxtv.org (it should be on the next
week). Mauro seems happy to have your library. Will he open an account
for you at linuxtv or will you I add the library to the gspca v2 under
my account?

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/