Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] v4l1 compat version 0.6 aka V4L2 apps stay working

Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 10:01 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> 	[snip]
>> If you're using gspcav2, it would be best to turn of gspcav2's own v4l1
>> emulation, as that might get in the way edit gspca.c and comment the:
>> "#define GSPCA_HLP 1"
> 	[snip]
>
> Hello Hans and marc_und_ramona,
>
> There is no need to recompile the driver: the helper may be simply
> killed (and then restarted if needed), or it may not started setting the
> gspca_main parameter 'autostart' to 0.
>
> BTW, I tested v4l1 compat, and, thank you, Hans, more applications are
> working, including camorama!

Great to hear you've been testing it and it works for you, I really believe
this is the way forward for v4l1 compatibility, I hope you agree and we will
see the helper removed from gspcav2 in the future leading to less and clearer
gspcav2_main code.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans