Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Minor problems with 046d:08a2 (Labtec Webcam Pro)

Hi!

On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:24:26 +0200
Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for the trace, but I misunderstood your request: I am working on
> gspcav2, not v1 :)

Apparently :)
Does this mean that active development is now rather on the
gspcav2 branch and gspcav1 is deprecated?

> > > You're a lucky guy: I did not succeed in having camorama working!
> >
> > Well, here is camorama-0.19 and it does work generally :-)
> 	[snip]
>
> Not with the v2!

AFAIK camorama is a v4l1 application by design so it's normal that
it does not work with a v4l2 driver or am I wrong?

> So, would you switch to gspca v2? If so, I could help you, but some
> applications will not work anymore (as camorama - also, I'm leaving for
> some days; I'll be back on Monday June 9).

I've installed gspcav2, here are the results:

gspca: main v0.2.12 registered
gspca: probing 046d:08a2
zc3xx: probe sensor -> 0e
zc3xx: Find Sensor PAS202BCB
gspca: probe ok
usbcore: registered new interface driver zc3xx
zc3xx: v0.2.10 registered

After that:

- Camorama (obviously) doesn't work

- Ekiga works but only the upper half of the picture is shown
correctly (view is OK, 15fps, about the same exposure and
colors as with gspcav1) but at the bottom half instead of
the picture there is some static garbage like when a JPEG
image is broken in the middle

- Skype can detect the camera but when I start the camera test
a solid green (somewhere around hex rgb #008000) background is
shown on the entire picture and on the upper 20% there is
dynamic "white" noise in bright green (about hex rgb #00ff00).

I hope this helps... ;)

Thanks,

Sab