Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Minor problems with 046d:08a2 (Labtec Webcam Pro)

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 19:11 +0200, Rumi Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are some minor problems with the 046d:08a2 (Labtec Webcam Pro):
>
> - at 320x240 resolution at the bottom of the picture of the camera
>   there are 8x8 pixel sized garbage regions iterating from left to
	[snip]

I know about this problem. May you send me the probe trace?
	fgrep 'gspca\|zc3xx' /var/log/syslog

> - immediately after loading the gspca module, the camera (LED?) turns
>   constantly on until I start an application that properly shuts it
>   down (like camorama)

What do you mean by 'turn'? The LEDs are on? I will have a look.

> - with camorama the camera captures 15fps most of the time at every
>   resolution but with 320x240 resolution sometimes it switches to 30fps
>   without any intervention. I could not control or force this behavior
>   by any means, it just happens sometimes.

Sorry, but I don't know how to do it. I think it is automagic :)

> - camorama fails to change picture resolution while running, eg. it

You're a lucky guy: I did not succeed in having camorama working!

>   fails to set resolution from 320x240 to 640x480 or 160x120 when it's
>   already running and crashes with "Unable to capture image (VIDIOCSYNC)".
>   It does succeed when initially started with -M flag. With the -m flag
>   the camera does return a 160x120 image but it's not a full view at
>   that resolution but rather the center of the 320x240 image cropped
>   to 160x120. These might be camorama issues and not driver issues,
>   I don't know.

To know it, set the debug level of gspca_main to 0x0f.

> Please comment on these!

Done. BTW, I'd be glad to know if skype runs.

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/