Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] wrong spca5xx device

Hi,

it is indeed a 0ac8:0x307b
lsusb says
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0ac8:307b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp.

for the usbsnoop I would need a winbox, so I'll do that on tuesday when I have access to a winXPbox. this can probably not be done in a vmware or wine environement.

I will post the usbsnoop log to this thread when I have it

thanks

Kasper

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:15:23 +0200, "Kasper Jordaens"
<kasper.jordaens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi I've been trying to get a usbcam working. It's a brandless cam with
       [snip]
>Is my device supported?
>
>kaos@kaos-desktop:~/spcaview-20071224$ spcacat
> Spcaview version: 1.1.8 date: 25:12:2007 (C) mxhaard@xxxxxxxx
>video /dev/video0
>Camera found: LDLC OV7620+VC302
       [snip]

Hi Kasper,

Your webcam should be 0ac8:0x307b. It is a generic device.
Each webcam may have a specific sensor. To know this sensor (and the
probe sequence), I need a trace from the MS-win driver. This is done
with usbsnoop (sniff). May you send me such a trace?

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/