Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspca v2-0.2.0 fails with 046d:0928 Logitech,

--- Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> Well, it seems spcaview wants YUV420. The webcam
> gives Bayer
> images and the current gspca helper does not handle
> such decoding.
> So, you cannot have any image.
>
> >I've not tried to use luvcview because this
> logitech
> >webcam is not a uvc device, as far as I know.
>
> luvcview is a v4l2 application, but it would give
> the same result
> as the current version does not handler Bayer images
> (hey, Michel,
> when will you integrate my patches?)
>
> Then, you should use some other application: vlc,
> mplayer, skype..
> (camorama and xawtv do not work)

Is there one you recommend?

I've just tried MPlayer 1.0-1.rc2.10plf2008.1-4.2.2
(I'm using Mandriva 2008.1 with kernel
2.6.24.4-desktop-1mnb, and I have a DVB card plugged
in now as /dev/video0). This gives a live picture -
but with a black pink and white picture, and no
autoexposure etc - command is:
$mplayer tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:width=352:height=288:device=/dev/video1:noaudio:outfmt=0x56595559

I got the outfmt code from running v4l-info - output
attached.  Looking at the mplayer outfmt=help output,
shows mplayer does not support the two available
formats YUYV or BA81 - so it is luck that entering the
hex value as above gives a picture.  Google shows
there is a recent patch for mplayer and BA81, but I'm
not planning on trying to build mplayer from source
anytime soon.

Needless to say skype does not work - I seem to
remember a YUV type format is required. I had a quick
try with gstfakevideo, which also did not work - which
probably means gstreamer-0.10 does not handle BA18 or
YUYV.

I'm trying vlc - but I'm new to it and the syntax is
causing me trouble.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
$ v4l-info /dev/video1

### v4l2 device info [/dev/video1] ###
general info
    VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
        driver                  : "spca561"
        card                    : "Logitech QC Express Etch2"
        bus_info                : "0000:00:10.0"
        version                 : 0.2.0
        capabilities            : 0x5000001 [VIDEO_CAPTURE,READWRITE,STREAMING]

standards

inputs
    VIDIOC_ENUMINPUT(0)
        index                   : 0
        name                    : "spca561"
        type                    : CAMERA
        audioset                : 0
        tuner                   : 0
        std                     : 0x0 []
        status                  : 0x0 []

video capture
    VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT(0,VIDEO_CAPTURE)
        index                   : 0
        type                    : VIDEO_CAPTURE
        flags                   : 0
        description             : "BA81"
        pixelformat             : 0x31384142 [BA81]
    VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT(1,VIDEO_CAPTURE)
        index                   : 1
        type                    : VIDEO_CAPTURE
        flags                   : 0
        description             : "YUYV"
        pixelformat             : 0x56595559 [YUYV]
    VIDIOC_G_FMT(VIDEO_CAPTURE)
        type                    : VIDEO_CAPTURE
        fmt.pix.width           : 352
        fmt.pix.height          : 288
        fmt.pix.pixelformat     : 0x31384142 [BA81]
        fmt.pix.field           : NONE
        fmt.pix.bytesperline    : 352
        fmt.pix.sizeimage       : 101376
        fmt.pix.colorspace      : SRGB
        fmt.pix.priv            : 0

controls
    VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL(BASE+0)
        id                      : 9963776
        type                    : INTEGER
        name                    : "Brightness"
        minimum                 : 0
        maximum                 : 63
        step                    : 1
        default_value           : 32
        flags                   : 0
    VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL(BASE+1)
        id                      : 9963777
        type                    : INTEGER
        name                    : "Contrast"
        minimum                 : 0
        maximum                 : 16383
        step                    : 1
        default_value           : 8192
        flags                   : 0
    VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL(BASE+18)
        id                      : 9963794
        type                    : BOOLEAN
        name                    : "Auto Gain"
        minimum                 : 0
        maximum                 : 1
        step                    : 1
        default_value           : 1
        flags                   : 0

### video4linux device info [/dev/video1] ###
general info
    VIDIOCGCAP
        name                    : "Logitech QC Express Etch2"
        type                    : 0x1 [CAPTURE]
        channels                : 1
        audios                  : 0
        maxwidth                : 352