Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] any support for 046d:08d9 Logitech,

Jean-Francois Moine wrote, on 2008-05-12 02:44:
> On Sun, 11 May 2008 22:13:37 +0930, Arthur Marsh
> <arthur.marsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi, I've previously tried unsuccessfully to get the above working on
>> Debian unstable.
>>
>> Is there any support for it in developmental versions to spca50x?
>
> Yes. It is handled in gspca v1 and v2. May you try the gspcav2 (look
> in my page)?
>
> Regards.

Thanks, I built it on Debian unstable and used checkinstall to install it.

On vlc, once I had set the capture device to use /dev/video0, I saw the
web cam light up and a green screen.

I also received:

Message from syslogd@symone at Mon May 12 10:47:56 2008 ...
symone gspca_hlp: open /dev/gspca_hlp failed

although:

ls -al /dev/gs*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 10, 60 2008-05-12 10:47 /dev/gspca_hlp

Could there be a permissions problem with /dev/gspca_hlp ?

Regards,

Arthur.