Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspca v2-0.2.0 fails with 046d:0928 Logitech,

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:42:02 +0100 (BST), Chris Hammond
<vikinghat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,

Hi Chris,

>I uninstalled gspcav1, rebooted, and then installed
>gspcav2-0.2.0

There was no need to reboot: Linux is not MS-Windblows!

>$ ./spcaview -d /dev/video1 -t
	[snip]
>Segmentation fault

Bad start :(

>I also tried:
>
>$ ./spcaview -d /dev/video1 -t -g
	[snip]
>As requested in the README,  I've done
>$echo 0x3f > /sys/module/gspca_main/parameters/debug
>and issued the command
>$./spcaview -d /dev/video1 -t
>and attached the resulting section of /var/log/syslog.

Thank you for the log.

Well, it seems spcaview wants YUV420. The webcam gives Bayer
images and the current gspca helper does not handle such decoding.
So, you cannot have any image.

>I've not tried to use luvcview because this logitech
>webcam is not a uvc device, as far as I know.

luvcview is a v4l2 application, but it would give the same result
as the current version does not handler Bayer images (hey, Michel,
when will you integrate my patches?)

Then, you should use some other application: vlc, mplayer, skype..
(camorama and xawtv do not work)

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/