Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspca v2 with helper

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:55:28 +0200, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx>
wrote:
>Good work!

Thank you, Hans.

>But I seriously wonder if this frame decoding helper will be acceptable
>upstream, have you discussed this with Mauro Carvalho Chehab?

I did not yet. Thierry Merle is working on such a helper, but I did
not see anything working...

>I really think we could better focus our efforts on v4l1 emulation through a
>glibc wrapper library (and thus intercepting open and ioctl calls).

I already saw such a library. Both v4l1 and v4l2 should be intercepted.
Reusing the 'decoder.c' code, it should be easy to develop...

Best regards,

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/