Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspca v2 with helper

Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I uploaded a new version of gspca v2 (0.2.0). This one includes a
> frame decoding helper process. It is not yet finished (it decodes
> JPEG to YUV420, YUYV and RGB24, and Bayer to YUYV - untested),
> but it permits more video applications to run.
>
> I hope this will help many of you to move to this driver. Don't
> forget, the more people will test it and the sooner the subdriver
> modules will be included into the linux kernel.

Good work!

But I seriously wonder if this frame decoding helper will be acceptable
upstream, have you discussed this with Mauro Carvalho Chehab?

I really think we could better focus our efforts on v4l1 emulation through a
glibc wrapper library (and thus intercepting open and ioctl calls).

Regards,

Hans