Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] FYI: status of 0ac8:307b

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:41:25 +0200, "Roger Pueyo"
<spca50x-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,

Hi Roger,

>I've downloaded and compiled the V2 0.0.23 gspca driver. I'm using the
>Vimicro 0x307b camera
>
>I only get a black image with gqcam while camorama freezes.
	[snip]
>Now I've compiled and loaded jpegdec module and gqcam prints no output.
>Instead, the program shows a white rectangle as the webcam image and states
>"Speed - Calculating" even when launched with -m 1 option (max 1 frame per
>second).
	[snip]

There was a bug in the previous version: the frames lack a JPEG header.
It is fixed in the new version 0.0.24.

I have no 307b camera, but you may send me information for I make
it work. First, try the last version with the small program I sent
this morning (grab.c). The file it creates (toto.jpg) should be
displayed by any graphical program (evince, dillo, firefox...).
If the picture is correct, the driver should work with any client
understanding JPEG frames such as luvcview, and it should work
too with the help of 'jpegdec' for v4l1 clients as Skype or vlc.
If the picture is not clear, send me the file for I have a look.

The other possibility is that you cannot get a picture (grab stays
hung). In this case, activate the debug trace by:
	echo 0x3f > /sys/module/gspca_main/parameters/debug
Then, plug the camera, do the grab and send me the kernel trace.

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/