Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspcav1-20071224 Sonix (sn9c1xx) embedded problem

Hello:

Doing more investigation. I found where the delays are happening, but
not the reason why. I have turned on debugging in the ServFox program to
see if it can shine any light on the problem. Below is the comparison of
the two drivers. The ServFox output of the 01.00.20 driver is first. The
output from the 0.57.06LE is second. When enumerating the cameras with
the 01.00.20 driver there is a noticeable pause between each bridge
detection. Can anyone (Michel?) please tell me why there might be a
pause between each bridge detection? And why do both drivers say wrong
spca5xx device when the bridge is initially detected properly in the
beginning? Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Dan Pattison

OUTPUT OF SERVFOX WITH 01.00.20 DRIVER
# /usr/local/sbin/servfox -s 640x480
 size width: 640 height: 480
 servfox version: 1.1.3 date: 11:12:2005 (C) mxhaard@xxxxxxxx
video /dev/video0
Camera found: Sonix PcCam
VIDIOCGPICT brightnes=42 hue=0 color=32768 contrast=16128
whiteness=0depth=24 palette=4
Bridge found: SN9CXXX <-- FOUND IT HERE !!
is_spca SPCA505 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA506 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA501 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA508 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA500 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504B <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA533  <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504C <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA561 <- PAUSE
is_spca SPCA536 <- PAUSE
is_spca SN9C102 <- PAUSE
is_spca ZR364XX <- PAUSE
is_spca ZC301-2  <- PAUSE
is_spca CX11646 <- PAUSE
is_spca TV8532 <- PAUSE
is_spca ET61XX51 <- PAUSE
is_spca SN9CXXX <- PAUSE
wrong spca5xx device <- WHY NOT FOUND HERE BUT WORKS ANYWAY??
StreamId: 0  Camera
VIDIOCSPICT brightnes=42 hue=0 color=32768 contrast=16128
whiteness=0depth=8 palette=21
VIDIOCGPICT brightnes=42 hue=0 color=32768 contrast=16128
whiteness=0depth=8 palette=21
 grabbing method default MMAP asked
VIDIOCGMBUF size 2457616  frames 2  offets[0]=0 offsets[1]=1228808
Waiting .... for connection. CTrl_c to stop !!!!
Dec 31 16:03:52 SuperRMS syslog: Spcaserv Listening on Port  7070

OUTPUT OF SERVFOX WITH 00.57.06LE DRIVER
*good*
# /usr/local/sbin/servfox 640x480
 servfox version: 1.1.3 date: 11:12:2005 (C) mxhaard@xxxxxxxx
video /dev/video0
Camera found: Sonix PcCam
VIDIOCGPICT brightnes=32767 hue=49354 color=0 contrast=10240
whiteness=0depth=8 palette=21
Bridge found: SN9CXXX  <-- FOUND IT HERE !!
is_spca SPCA505 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA506 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA501 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA508 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA500 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504B <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA533 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA504C <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA561 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SPCA536 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SN9C102 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca ZR364XX <- NO PAUSE
is_spca ZC301-2 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca CX11646 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca TV8532 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca ET61XX51 <- NO PAUSE
is_spca SN9CXXX <- NO PAUSE
wrong spca5xx device <- <- WHY NOT FOUND HERE BUT WORKS ANYWAY??
StreamId: 0  Camera
VIDIOCSPICT brightnes=32767 hue=49354 color=0 contrast=10240
whiteness=0depth=8 palette=21
VIDIOCGPICT brightnes=32767 hue=49163 color=0 contrast=10240
whiteness=2048depth=8 palette=21
 grabbing method default MMAP asked
VIDIOCGMBUF size 614416  frames 2  offets[0]=0 offsets[1]=307208
Waiting .... for connection. CTrl_c to stop !!!!
cvsync err
: Invalid argument
Dec 31 16:01:27 SuperRMS syslog: Spcaserv Listening on Port  7070
GRABBER going out !!!!!