Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspcav1-20071224 Sonix (sn9c1xx) embedded problem

Hello:

I have been examining the differences between the 0.57.06LE driver and
the 01.00.20 driver that pertains to the SONIX sn9cxxx/hv7131 portions.
I am trying to find any differences in the two drivers that may be
causing the delay when ServFox is first run. I am running ServFox in an
init script with these arguments:
start_daemon /usr/local/sbin/servfox -s 640x480 1>/dev/null

Using a O-Rite MC311P camera the 0.57.06LE driver works with ServFox
causing no delay when ServFox is started.
Using a O-Rite MC311P camera the 01.00.20 driver works with ServFox
causing a 2 minute (approx) delay when ServFox is started.

I have tried copying some of the functions from the old driver over top
of the new driver, but so far nothing has stopped the delay, although
the camera still works. Perhaps the driver author can comment on this?
Why might the delay happen with the new driver and not the old driver
with everything else being equal? What functions are different that may
be causing a timeout? Can anyone offer a suggestion or give any advise?
Please I would like to have this camera work with the new driver without
causing a delay when starting ServFox.

Thank you,
Dan Pattison