Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] gspcav1-20071224 Sonix (sn9c1xx) embedded problem

Hello List:

I am using Etrax MCM embedded processor running 2.6.19 kernel. I have
upgraded the spca driver from version 0.57.06LE to gspcav1-20071224 to
take advantage of newer cameras available. I use servfox 1.2 to view
camera output. For testing I use O-Rite MC311P. The camera gets detected
properly:

drivers/usb/media/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: USB GSPCA camera found.
SONIX JPEG (sn9c1xx)
usbcore: registered new interface driver gspca
drivers/usb/media/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: gspca driver 01.00.20
registered

I have servfox set to start automatically on bootup. The problem is, in
the boot process, the board will freeze for up to two minutes after
starting servfox. During this time, network activity is non existent and
even the console shell is stalled. After a time, the board continues to
boot. This line is the next line to print out in the boot process:

syslog: Spcaserv Listening on Port  7070

The board and camera seems to work fine after this.

This same camera (O-Rite MC311P) works fine with the 0.57.06LE driver
and servfox, it does not slow down the boot process. Below is console
output using 00.57.06LE driver.

drivers/usb/media/spca5xx/spca_core.c: USB SPCA5XX camera found. SONIX
sn9c102p + Hv7131R
usbcore: registered new interface driver spca5xx
drivers/usb/media/spca5xx/spca_core.c: spca5xx driver 00.57.06LE registered

When using the new gspcav1-20071224 driver:
If I disable servfox from automatically starting at boot, then sometimes
when starting servfox manually (after the board has fully booted) the
board will freeze for up to two minutes and sometimes it will not freeze
at all. After it comes out of its frozen state, everything seems to work
just fine. I upgraded servfox to 1.3, still same results. I tried with
and without USB hub, still same results.

When I try the new gspcav1-20071224 driver with a LabTec camera:
drivers/usb/media/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: USB GSPCA camera
found.(ZC3XX)
There is no boot delay whatsoever. I can start and stop and restart
servfox without any delay. There is no boot delay when servfox is set to
start on boot.

Does anyone have a patch available that will fix the freezing/boot up
delay for SONIX(sn9c1xx) cameras, or have any suggestions that I can try?

Thank you and,
Best Regards,
Dan Pattison