Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Sweex "foldable webcam" support

Leandro Costantino wrote:
> Hi silvio,
> 1) this is the sensor i tested
> http://www.ic-on-line.cn/IOL_ov6650/PdfView/237403.htm
> as you may see its CIF (352x288), so at first time 640x480 its not a must.
> I will do further check later on monday, but in my case only worked at that
> resolution ok with 1 app in windows, dont know if its scaling by software.

Ok.

> 2) force_rgb its used for programs that expect data in that order like
> gqcam.

Ok, so no need to use it for Camorama.

> 3) I worked better with rgb in my case, so it would be nice if you can
> discover what sensor your webcam really have, maybe its ov6650, but can be
> another revision of the same.
> You can do it in several ways :
>
> * http://zc0302.sourceforge.net/docs/HOWTO-Finding_the_sensor_type.html At
> point (B)

Unfortunately no information is in the .inf files. I uploaded the driver
   in case you need it:

http://www.moioli.net/files/Webcam%20driver.zip

> * Dissasembly the webcam :)

Done, but I still cannot tell what sensor the camera uses. Maybe I'm
missing something: here are some hi-resolution photos:

http://www.moioli.net/files/DSCN4403.JPG
http://www.moioli.net/files/DSCN4395.JPG

Hope this helps!

> 4) Parameters could be "fixed", but the initial sequence sent to the webcam
> should set the defaults for that sensor. [...]

Ok.

> 5) If you can, attach a Usbsnoop log of the camera running in windows with
> the fine parameters and i will take a look.

Here it is:

http://www.moioli.net/files/USBLog1.usblog.zip

>    Also for a further test, in Sonix/sonix.h , you can test this:
>
>     Look at ov6650_sensor_init[][8] =  ...
>
> theres a commented line,
>
>  //{0xA0,0x60,0x1B,0x01,0x02,0x18,0xC1,0x10}, //THIS SET GREEN SCREEN....
>

> Try uncommenting it and test the driver again to see if you notice some
> change.

Commenting the line results in green images as expected.

Thanks,
--
Silvio Moioli
www.moioli.net