Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Sweex "foldable webcam" support

Costantino Leandro wrote:
> Nice, just for the record, try to load gspcav with  force_rgb=1  and try
> again.

That doesn't work very well, colors are mixed up in RGB mode.

> Also test using spcagui  , and try changing Video Modes and Rgb ,
> etc.

The camera only works correctly with SIF and CIF resolutions, and only
with YUV colors. I get quite good results with these settings:

brightnes=5120 hue=0 color=0 contrast=4096 whiteness=0 depth=16 palette=3

Another question: can I set these parameters as "defaults" so that other
applications use them correctly? In particular, how can I force Camorama
to use YUV instead of RGB?

As a side note the camera is *very* sensitive to ambient light, not sure
it is a driver issue.

Thanks again,
--
Silvio Moioli