Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Noflicker filter (Was: Embedded autobrightness with Vimicro ZC3XX)

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm tring to use a Vimicro ZC3XX based cam on an
Asus wl500gp running
>> OpenWrt.
>>
>> V4L is V4L2, driver is gspcav1-20070508.
>>
>> Camera is working inside ok, but outside not
(overbrighted).

>In this case you can use NoFlicker filter.
>
>This functionality already present in gspcav1 driver
>
>For add this functionality in to spcaview/spcaserv
use my patch

>http://mgspca.e1.bmstu.ru/spcaview-add-lightfreq-all.diff.bz2
>
>In your case just start spcaview as "spcaview -L 0"
or use "l" button for
>switch antiflicker filter to "NoFliker" mode.

Hello,

I have the same problem with another Vimicro cam. The
id is  0ac8:303b sensor, the sensor detected is
HV7131R(c)

The cam works great indoors, but under daylight or
some indoor not-so-strong-light I only get a full
white image. I have tried with the module parameter
lightfreq without result. I get the following error
message in dmesg:

[spca5xx_set_light_freq:1932] Sensor currently not
support light frequency banding filters.

So I guess that the problem is due to this feature.

Is there any hope that this filters will be ever
implemented?

Best

Luis