[Spca50x-devs] Disregard last post. Found answer on Google.
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:17:03 -0800
- From: "Steve Baer" <stevegbaer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Spca50x-devs] Disregard last post. Found answer on Google.
I found a google answer - for anyone else who has this problem, this is the fix:
The problem comes from the sn9c102 module, it isn't the right one (gspca is). You need to:
- blacklist sn9c102 (in the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file)
- be sure the gspca module is installed - Reboot
Presto - it detects properly as VideoCam Messenger SN9C101 ov76
Thx for all your hard work on these drivers - its hard to believe you've got so many cams supported - your work is fantastic. ;) sorry to clutter your mailing list , but maybe some who has same prob will have top google / search less by it b eing in here.
I'm using Vector Linux 5.9 Standard and am trying to get my el cheapo Mercury iCam working under it using the gspcav1-20071224 driver. I don't get any errors compiling it from source, and i've also tried installing using the slackbuild. Either way what I get when I plug the webcam in is a green display when I look in Kopete.
When I try the spcagui util, I get this error message:
video device /dev/video0
I googled this message but I didn't find any current info - it appears that my username is a member of the video group.
I've got all the kernel drivers going v4l, spca, and when i do a lsusb i get
Bus 1 Device 5: ID 0c45:602c Microdia Clas Ohlson TWC-30XOP WebCam
Which is a supported CAM for the driver.
I also had this very same cam running fine under Fedora 7 ...
Any ideas on how I can get this thing working?
------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________ Spca50x-devs mailing list Spca50x-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/spca50x-devs
- Prev by Date: [Spca50x-devs] help - video device /dev/video0 - wrong device when running spcagui
- Next by Date: [Spca50x-devs] Problem with v4l
- Previous by thread: [Spca50x-devs] help - video device /dev/video0 - wrong device when running spcagui
- Next by thread: [Spca50x-devs] Problem with v4l