Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Z-Star USB webcam

Le jeudi 17 janvier 2008 06:38, Alex White a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have this camera, and I'm in the process of trying to get it to function
> properly under linux.
>
> This is how it appears using lsusb:
>
> Bus 004 Device 012: ID 0ac8:307b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp.
>
> The gspca driver supports this VID/PID combination, but fails to recognise
> the sensor correctly (gives up and uses the TAS5130CXX default).
>
> It appears that the sensor is a HV7131B (determined by examining the
> windows install), but some rudimentary hacking of the spca driver
> (allowing it to support this sensor) failed to yield results. Camorama
> shows rubbish in the preview pane, and promptly stops responding.
>
> This is the change I made to the gspca driver:
>
> File: zc3xx.h
>
> Function: zc3xx_config
>
> Line 598ish, inside -1 case
>
> Added:
>
>          }else  if(spca50x->sensor == SENSOR_HV7131B) {
>              PDEBUG(0, " Sensor HV7131B");
>              set_zc3xxVGA(spca50x);
>

> I've successfully had it working under windows, and I've attached both the
> inf file, and the output of the snoopypro/myformat procedure.
>
> Is it possible that someone can fill in the blanks for me?
>

> Regards,
I hope you change gspca_core to near line 3589:
case 0x307b:	/* Generic */
			spca50x->desc = LdlcVC302;
			spca50x->bridge = BRIDGE_ZC3XX;
			spca50x->sensor = SENSOR_OV7620;	//overwrite by the sensor detect routine
Of course seem here we have to detect the sensor seem we have a lot of case
here :(
regards
--
Michel Xhaard