Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Is gspca driver obsolete?

Hi Michel

I have a few questions for you, kindly enlighten us

1) Current status of following projects spca, gspca, UVC, V4L & V4L2
(which projects are "end of life", which projects are stable )

2) what is the process for reverse engineering windows drivers?
(the process that you follow)

3) Is my understanding correct,
Video application --> V4L(1/2) --> spca/gspca/UVC/<specificDriver> -->
webcam hardware

4) Do any of the developers hang out in IRC? How often ? Any meetings
scheduled on IRC anytime soon ?

5) How will support for example SN9C201/SN9C202 bridge be added to
linux? which driver is most appropriate?
(or should we start with a new skeletal driver? in that case which one?)

6) Can you provide an example of what information you need from webcam
manufacturers, to make a completely functional driver ? (maybe we can
convince some of them to part with this info ;-)

-JoJo