Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] ubuntu 7.10 in amd64

Nazareno wrote:
> i dont know to use the "tail -f /var/log/kern.log" imput...but i use the
> pastebin to show you my kernel.log: http://pastebin.com/m36ef4dd0
>
> i a linux new user, so i not sure what im reading...can you tell me
> whats the problem?

Looks like this is the problem:
VIDIOCMCAPTURE: invalid format (7)

Please load gspca with debug=5. You can get a lot more information in the log.

tail: Open a terminal and type "tail -f /var/log/kern.log" followed by ENTER.
Now, you see the message in the terminal as soon as the message gets written to
the log file. You can mark interesting lines and copy & paste them to the eamil
(Edit->copy or CTRL+SHIFT+C).

Can you send me a link to the specs of your cam?

Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li