Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] gspcav1-20070508 problem with philips SPC315N webcam

Thank you for your response, but i have still a few questions :

First

You wrote : Ekiga like 352x288 if your webcam is VGA you need to rescale 640x480 to
352x288 as your webcam is Jpeg i do the job in the kernel by cropping the
picture. Should be better in userspace to force Ekiga to work with 320x240

What do i have to do ?
The driver logs report a JPEG supporting 352x288 max or 176*144 min
If i understand the logs, ekiga seems to ask 176*144 and that's why i have only a part of the picture.
With google, i found this (in french) :
http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1116974
but i can't test it as ekiga doesn't display a picture of my cam (see "second" below)
What do you think about this patch ?

Second
you didn't answer about the color format problem.
My previous mail wasn't clear because the screenshot (in french) wasn't include.
It is now in attachment of this mail.
What do you think ?

Third
don't you think my returned webcam will have an headache   :)))

Tks again

Pascal

Le Jeudi 22 Novembre 2007 00:19, Pascal Vincent a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0:
> hello,
>
> i have some problems using my Philips SPC315NC webcam with Ekiga.
>

> I use gspcav1-20070508 compiled on my system
> Here at the symptoms :
>
> Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, ekiga 2.0.3
> - Ekiga is slow to detect the webcam (2 min)
Yes a delay is on the main loop, some sensor seem slow to detect, i will tr=
y=20
to adjust, thanks for the report,
> - Not complete picture (Ekiga seems to display only a part of the total
> cam acquisition)
Ekiga like 352x288 if your webcam is VGA you need to rescale 640x480 to=20
352x288 as your webcam is Jpeg i do the job in the kernel by cropping the=20
picture. Should be better in userspace to force Ekiga to work with 320x240
> - inverted picture (head at the bottom, foot on the top)=20
and right to left=20
This is a mechanical feature from Philips ;-) just return the sensor case=
=20

> Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, ekiga 2.0.9
> AND Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, ekiga 2.0.11
> - Ekiga is slow to detect the webcam (2 min)
> - when i start a communication, i have the message
>
> English translation : your driver doesn't seem to support any of color
> format supported by ekiga
>
> You will find in attachement the logs with debug option set to 3.
> You will see
> - webcam plug
> - ekiga launch
> - ekiga communication try
> - ekiga close
> - webcam unplug
>
> Can you help me resolving the problem ?
> I can do some test after code modification but please help me finding
> where i have to hake a look
>
> PS : for information , i have no problem with my logitech webcam.
regards
PS: Logitech help us, seem a good choice :-)
=2D-=20
Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr

PNG image