Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Need Help: Number_of_Image Data Bytes_Clarification II

Le Jeudi 15 Novembre 2007 07:39, George Neil C a écrit :
> I am interfacing a SPCA561 bridge based webcam to AVR. As i have learned
> from the previous mail the number of image data = Resolution
>
> If i use [352 X 288 =101376] resolution, i am supposed to get 101376 bytes
> of image data in one frame.
>
> But when i snoop the image data while connecting the webcam to my PC i am
> getting only ~ 20608 bytes of image data in one frame.
>
> Please explain why this difference in the no of image data
from my precedent answer did you sure the webcam is in uncompressed mode ?
If on compressed mode we don't know the amount of bytes in a video frame It
depend from the compression algo, the amount of details in the picture ...
regards
--
Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr