[Spca50x-devs] Advice request: Attempt at adding support for creative Live! webcams
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 01:24:32 +0100
- From: "Francois Botman" <Franchie.brightspark@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Spca50x-devs] Advice request: Attempt at adding support for creative Live! webcams
I am trying to add support for the following webcams in gspca:
Creative WebCam Live! Pro/Effects:
[ the "effects" simply means it has a fancy windows driver ]
Some documentation indicates that it has a MI0360 sensor, but I am not certain about the bridge.
Guesswork and trial and error leads me to believe it could be covered by the BRIDGE_SN9CXXX, but I am not certain.
Testing with those results in the driver locating the webcam, and correctly identifying the resolution:
* Nov 13 00:50:36 localhost kernel: [29239.672000] /.../spca/gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_getcapability:1216] maxw 640 maxh 480 minw 160 minh 120
However, any access to the device (via a webcam viewer using /dev/video0) results in a black and white seemingly random pattern, and a subsequent hang.
A possible cause is found in the logs:
* Nov 13 01:12:46 localhost kernel: [ 30569.616000] /.../gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_set_light_freq:1890] Sensor currently not support light frequency banding filters.
* Nov 13 01:12:46 localhost kernel: [30569.616000] /.../gspca_core.c: [gspca_set_isoc_ep:904] ISO EndPoint found 0x81 AlternateSet 3
* Nov 13 01:12:48 localhost kernel: [30572.064000] /.../gspca_core.c: [gspca_set_isoc_ep:904] ISO EndPoint found 0x81 AlternateSet 3
This leads me to believe I need to set a base and control port for the i2c, which would then enable it to communicate further.
However, being pretty new to this kind of work, I am unable to locate the exact ports in the attached file (which is taken from the windows driver installation).
So could anyone take a look at it and comment, or indicate what I am doing wrong?
I have attached the most important (imho) files here, but have all the other driver files on the following link, in order not to overload the lists:
Thank you for your time and trouble!
Description: Binary data
Description: Binary data
------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop. Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________ Spca50x-devs mailing list Spca50x-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/spca50x-devs
- Prev by Date: Re: [Spca50x-devs] Fwd: [Fwd: [Alexandria-staff] minor foul language in old source]
- Next by Date: Re: [Spca50x-devs] Advice request: Attempt at adding support for creative Live! webcams
- Previous by thread: [Spca50x-devs] webcam compatibilty
- Next by thread: Re: [Spca50x-devs] Advice request: Attempt at adding support for creative Live! webcams