Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] [ SPAM! ] sn9c201 + ov9650

Dave Neuer a écrit :
On Nov 7, 2007 12:23 PM, Michel Xhaard <mxhaard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le Mercredi 7 Novembre 2007 19:05, Dave Neuer a écrit:

On Nov 7, 2007 11:46 AM, Michel Xhaard <mxhaard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le Mercredi 7 Novembre 2007 15:05, Vasily Khoruzhick a écrit:

Hi, I've already mailed to this list, and saw mails about my cam:
http://lists.zerezo.com/spca50x-devs/msg01032.html

But there's no answer.
Will sn9c201 be ever supported by gspca?

Yes when i get times to finish the sn9c20x support, be patient !!

The problem is, you say some variation of this each time the question
is asked, with no indication of what amount of progress has been made
so far (for instance, the last time I asked -- which included an offer
of help from me, btw -- it seemed from some of your follow-up

That, in turn, makes it hard for people to decide if it makes more
sense for them to wait (since it'll only be another x months where x
is closer to zero than to infinity) or to try to do it themselves
(since x is closer to infinity).

FWIW, I had a usb-snoop from this webcam under Windows at one point,
but never sent it because of my frustration w/ your development
process (don't have it any more, or Windows).

Dave

hmm, i am working on my spare times, that is. If you are not patient you can
try to implement the sn9c201 bridge yourself. Good luck

Right. Most people working on open source projects do so on their
spare time. I understand that.

The fact that you do it on your spare time doesn't mean:

a) you have to be rude to users (or potential users) of your software
b) you cannot also give a quick summary of how much progress you've made
c) you cannot also give (even wildly inaccurate) estimates of how long
it will take
c) you have to actively discourage potential contributors from getting involved

Dave

Hello,

Michel Xhaard makes a good job for his pleasure, he is paid only with our consideration.
He is the slave of nobody and can decide on which hardware he'll work and how fast he'll work.

If you are in a hurry, there is a list of supported webcams, you can buy one for 20 or 30$.

Thanks again Michel for your work.

Michel alias Catimimi.