Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Fwd: [Fwd: [Alexandria-staff] minor foul language in old source]

That sort of code is totally unacceptable.  I'm not sure what would
cause someone to submit such obscene code.  Not only does this reflect
poorly on the contributor that added it, but also on the GSPCA project
as a whole.  Note that this code is also present in the latest spca50x
source release (v0.30) available on Sourceforge.

For those that are interested, the code was introduced in revision
1.26 of spca50x.c, which was added by korovkin.  The diff is available
at http://spca50x.cvs.sourceforge.net/spca50x/spca50x/drivers/usb/spca50x.c?r1=1.25&r2=1.26
.

I'm pleased to see that this code is not present in the current
version of the driver available at
http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html.  It's good someone saw fit to
remove the obscene code.

This issue demonstrates why the GSPCA project needs to settle on a
single hosting solution.  In my opinion, the project should be
entirely hosted on Sourceforge or entirely hosted at another site.
Currently the GSPCA web page is hosted on Michel Xhaard's site
(http://mxhaard.free.fr/), while the mailing list (this mailing list)
is being hosted on Sourceforge.

Personally, I would like to see the site hosted entirely on
Sourceforge.  They provide all the services that the project needs,
including web hosting, file hosting, and a mailing list.  However, I
understand from previous mailing list posts that Michel Xhaard, the
current maintainer, would prefer to keep the code hosted on his own
site (correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is the case, I suggest that we establish a mailing list
outside of Sourceforge and then archive and remove the spca50x project
from Sourceforge.  Michel, does your web host provide mailing lists?
If not, can someone else host a mailing list?

We can keep the archive of the spca50x project (web pages, mailing
list archives, CVS history, etc.) available on Michel's site for
people who are really interested in the old code.  But it is much
better if it's not prominently displayed on Sourceforge as it is right
now because it suggests that the version on Sourceforge is the latest,
which it is not.

I don't mind archiving the spca50x Sourceforge project.  I just need
someone to grant me the access rights I need to do that.  My
Sourceforge username is dyzchyd in case someone wants to grant me
access rights.

Denver