Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Need Help-Is_host_pipe_error()

On 10/22/07, thomas schorpp <thomas.schorpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George Neil C wrote:
> > Hello,
>

> > Now the MCU is in the  Is_host_pipe_error() stage. What may be the possible
> > solutions..??
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > George Neil
> > Design Engineer
> > E-Smart Satellite and Telecommunication
> > GCDA Complex, Kerala
> > India.
> > Pin: 682031
> > Telephone: +91 484 2352310
> > Fax: +91 484 2364850
> >

> Dear Sir,
>
> 1. Company support requests without company domain
> mail contact will get usually no answers here, sorry.
>
> 2. Pls remember GSPCA code is under GPL v.2 Licence and
> *not* in the public domain, so You're not allowed to include
> GSPCA code or parts of it or technologies developed here
> in Your proprietary drivers, thank You.
> We never get any specs for writing webcam chipset drivers
> from manufacturers like You, so I fear we can't help You.

I don't think that George is writing a webcam chipset driver.  He
mentions that he is running the AT90USB1287 chipset in host mode,
which suggests that he has plugged an existing USB webcam into a board
with an AT90USB1287 chip and is trying to read the data from the
camera using the chip.  Here's what he said:

"I am trying to read a global register of my webcam using ATMEL AVR
USB MCU[AT90USB1287]. The MCU has detected the camera and allocated
pipes and is running in the host mode."

>From his e-mail, it does not sound like he's connecting a camera
sensor to the AT90USB1287 and using it as a USB slave, which is what
your comment suggests.  Also, his company (E-Smart Satellite and
Telecommunication) does not appear to be in the business of making
webcams.  Even if it were and George was making a camera, I see
nothing in George's e-mail to suggest he would be infringing the terms
of the GPL.  Please be careful to not jump to conclusions about how
someone will be using the GSPCA code.

Denver