Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Brightness - Logitech Quickcam IM

Le Mardi 23 Octobre 2007 10:08, Russell Steicke a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a Logitech Quickcam IM (USB ID 046d:08d9) that works
> wonderfully with the gspca modules - thank you - except that I'm
> having an issue with its brightness.  The picture is quite good when
> in various levels of room lighting, using spcaview, camorama, motion
> or webcam, (I can see the brightness level changing when I point the
> camera at scenes with different light levels) but washed out when
> viewing an outside scene lit by sunlight.  The picture is similar when
> using Logitech's Windows software.
>
> I guess this could be a design feature of the camera (designed for
> indoor use) or a design feature of the drivers for the same reason.  A
> neutral density filter or two or three could overcome this, but I'd
> rather a solution with a little less brute force.
>From a Web+Camera point of vue indoor is a usual choice, but people/market
offen forget where a webcam come from so you can buy now >Mpixels sensor with
a ton of Mo/s bandwith ;-)

> Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use this type of camera
> outside?  Is there something in the gspca source that I can change to
> adjust the brightness range?
All picture feature are done in the zc301p firmware, after a lot of try seem
we cannot acces to the sensor but you can stop the autoexposure (only with
spcaview as v4l1 did not know what autoexposure mean ) and try to adjust the
brightness, i use optical filter to reduce the amount of light with some
project.

> (I'm using the current Debian gspca-modules-2.6.22-2-686 package,
> which builds, I think, gspca from 20070508.)
>
> Thanks,
> Russell
regards
--