Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Brightness - Logitech Quickcam IM

Hello,

I have a Logitech Quickcam IM (USB ID 046d:08d9) that works
wonderfully with the gspca modules - thank you - except that I'm
having an issue with its brightness.  The picture is quite good when
in various levels of room lighting, using spcaview, camorama, motion
or webcam, (I can see the brightness level changing when I point the
camera at scenes with different light levels) but washed out when
viewing an outside scene lit by sunlight.  The picture is similar when
using Logitech's Windows software.

I guess this could be a design feature of the camera (designed for
indoor use) or a design feature of the drivers for the same reason.  A
neutral density filter or two or three could overcome this, but I'd
rather a solution with a little less brute force.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use this type of camera
outside?  Is there something in the gspca source that I can change to
adjust the brightness range?

(I'm using the current Debian gspca-modules-2.6.22-2-686 package,
which builds, I think, gspca from 20070508.)

Thanks,
Russell

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Television is now so desperately hungry for material that it is scraping
the top of the barrel.
		-- Gore Vidal