Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Logitech Orbicam brightness and contrast

Just as a follow up to this.

I have been playing with this device in vmware, and the image quality is much better.  Also, reading round people seam to think that adjusting the shutter speed of the device, this will increase the darkness issue and probably help the quality.

Another thing, in vmware if i rotate the camera, the image is flipped over.  How would linux interpret this?  something in /var/log/syslog?

Here are two images, one from vmware, one from camorama :

vmware - http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/9152/picture1ym6.jpg

Camorama - http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8521/webcamcapture1184587131wp4.jpg

I apologise for the expressions in both pictures :P

Chris

On 5/31/07, Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2007/5/29, @ sc8-sf-spam2. sourceforge. net <"unz:">:
> Il giorno Tue, 29 May 2007 19:38:08 +0100
> "Chris Budden" <chrisbudden@xxxxxxxxx > ha scritto:
>
> > Hey.
> >
> > This chipset has been supported for a good number of months now, but
> > I am unable to adjust the brightness, contrast or other settings for
> > the camera. Is this supported yet or not?
>

> I think that from the first release, any new features have been added.

If I understand your answer correctly (it seems a bit confusing), no
new features have been added, right?

Are there any plans to support this?

Thanks,
Thomas