Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] strange pictures with spca5xx/LE

Le Mercredi 25 Avril 2007 13:29, Stefan Below a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> i have still the same problems with the crippled pictures...
> Which hardware/software i tried:
>
> Asus WL-HDD with WhiteRussiun 0.6/0.9
> Siemens SE505 with WR 0.6/0.9
>
> spca5xx_lite package from www.macsat.com and i also build the latest
> version...
>
> Webcams:  Creative Webcam NX Pro, Labtec Webcam Pro, and som Logitech
> models....
>
> But it doesn't matter which comibination i use, its the same problem
> (Ok, on the Siemens SE505 the framerate is a litle bit higher, but with
> the same problems).
>
> The Wl-hdd has a 125 Mhz Mips CPU, and the SE505 a 200 Mhz Cpu...
> And both router has only one USB 1.1 interface... (maybe this is the
> problem....
spca5xx_LE only support USB1.1 webcams so that is not the problem. spca5xx_LE
is know to works on the ARM9 and Etrax CPU familly (100Mhz)  look here:
http://www.acmesystems.it/?id=40
Maybe there is a problem with the Mips port ?

> I hope someone can help me...
>
> Stefan Below
>
> > Hello Michael,
> >  do you have any idea for my problem? I don't think that the rouuter is
> > too slow, because the cpu-usage for servfox is arount 9 % and the
> > framerate is around 30 fps....
> >

> > Thanks for your help
> > Stefan
> >
> >> I use the webcam with a ASUS WL-HDD Router (125 Mhz Mips).
> >> (2 MB Flash, 16 MB Ram).
> >>

> >> I tried my webcam also on a 200 Mhz Router (Siemens SE505 Router). But
> >> there is the same problem.
> >> I use servfox like this: ./servfox -d /dev/v4l/video0 -g -w 7070 -s
> >> 320x240.
> >>
> >> The webcam is connected directly to the USB 1.1 port from the Router
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >> Stefan

Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr